Thursday, August 20, 2009

Email from an email address

Hey you.. notice me!! I crave for your attention….I have been around for a while but I am sure I am not your only one..I am the elixir which liberates your soul and provides you a means to explore the wilder side. I have been changing the way your deals are done,your decisions are made and at times even how your love is professed. I know your darkest secrets…I am your email address…your identity in digital age and yes, I truly have changed the world…well with all things I do and facilitate, you would expect my life to be a high flying one. On the contrary, I spend most of my life working under a password lock, lying in deep dark corner of a data center, and handling a pile of stinking spam and aimless forwarded messages and even with all the neglect, I work day and night to make sure that every message reaches you. You never notice my greetings and you never care for my feelings...I know that you have been seeing others but my world is you and I keep hoping that your world is my inbox.

Sometimes when I get the opportunity to meet others like me, I keep hearing how fast the things are changing. Some of my friends are hosted from a shiny new site say that I am growing old and am on my way out. They compare me to something called snail mail, which they say was like me in its hey days and now used only to deliver things not messages. I am worried listening to all these stories. Promise me you will not let me be yet another dummy email id and let me represent your true self.

Sincerely

Your email Address

P.S. This is my first original post :)

No comments:

Post a Comment