Thursday, August 20, 2009

Its a Brand New Day…

TU-A-Brand-New-Day-Full

It had been three long months since I had been opened, which only confirmed that my cries had gone unheard. I resigned to my fate and settled into my usual routine of sorting messages into folders and junk. There was no travelling around the world, only lazing around. I longed to go out ..meet others..how I missed those good times…I soon made friends with the arriving ads and spam and came to know the reason why I was neglected. I heard that in network world a monster domain had come up and was offering shiny new email ids who could put on multiple hats and the best part it seemed was that, it was all for free…How I longed to be a part of that new domain. Well, it all seemed to change one day….

It started of as yet another routine morning. The bandwidth was just about right and the messages were zipping through. And all of a sudden everything seemed to slow down..the bandwidth reduced to a trickle and light was fast fading. We were plunged into a deep darkness and there was nothing we could do. As we sat helpless, my thoughts were drifting to the new monster domain. I started thinking..”This kind of thing would have never happened in that new domain” and cursed my fate.I don’t recall how long it lasted but when it was over and lights came on ..it was all a big surprise..I was transported into a new home ..a home with a bigger room and a nicer view. It was just right on the corner of a super highway..the bandwidth seemed almost like a dream. Some of the email addresses around me were sporting a new domain name.Well, that was strange, because as far as I knew, only thing we all had in common was the domain name. I was just right beside so many strangers but had no way of interacting with them and finding out what happened. It was so frustrating…I waited and resumed my normal routine… days went by and new doors were added to my place. More than I was excited I was frustrated at the fact that I could not explore what was behind those doors. How I wished I was not a dummy Id…

No comments:

Post a Comment